A new U.S. survey by CareerBuilder.com has revealed what it calls the twelve wackiest résumé blunders that hiring managers have come across in their years of sifting job applications.
- Candidate included that he spent summers on his family's yacht in Grand Cayman.
- Candidate attached a letter from her mother.
- Candidate used pale blue paper with teddy bears around the border.
- Candidate explained a gap in employment by saying it was because he was getting over the death of his cat for three months.
- Candidate specified that his availability was limited because Friday, Saturday and Sunday was "drinking time."
- Candidate included a picture of herself in a cheerleading uniform.
- Candidate drew a picture of a car on the outside of the envelope and said it was the hiring manager's gift.
- Candidate's hobbies included sitting on the levee at night, watching alligators.
- Candidate included the fact that her sister once won a strawberry-eating contest.
- Candidate explained that he works well nude.
- Candidate explained an arrest by stating, "We stole a pig, but it was a really small pig."
- Candidate included family medical history.
All of these pale into insignificance, however, next to the South African man who last year tried to use a stolen doctor's note to claim sick leave off work, something that backfired spectacularly after it was noticed that he was highly unlikely to be pregnant, as the note he presented claimed...