Is your organisation at risk of ethical meltdown? According to consultants ISR, these are the danger signs that could signal moral implosion:
- Open debate and questioning of the status quo are discouraged.
- Bad news is "spun".
- People hoard information rather than sharing it.
- Focus is exclusively on short-term results, often matched with unrealistic performance expectations.
- Customers, investors and the general public are seen as there to be manipulated.
- No questions about the behaviour of high-performing employees, with management focusing on the ends and ignoring the means.
- Any discussion of company values is dismissed as a public relations ploy.